2014 was the year for many things, namely mobile, internet breaking and the biggest Black Friday the UK has ever seen (good riddance, USA).
As a company, we have also grown pretty significantly this year.
Here are 14 highlights from 2014:
- Researched the mobile progress of the top 100 UK retailers and found that 1 in 3 still did not offer a persistent cart.
- Launched Harvey Nichols’ new multichannel website and subsequently received 8 retail and ecommerce industry awards including two Lovies for retail and one EMMA for most effective mobile site.
- Spoke at Magento Imagine in Las Vegas.
- Said some smart things all over the internet like this on the Guardian about the future of wearables, this in Retail Week about the high street and online merging, this in the Manchester Evening News about our grad programme and this on Drapers about consumer data security.
- Launched Bensons for Beds mobile optimised website and Poundland were classed as the best quality website in UK retail.
- Made Darryl super famous.
- Released an adaptive store finder for SKINS.
- Moved from the Northern Quarter into a brand new 8,000 sq ft Manchester city centre office just off Deansgate.
- Welcomed eight graduates into our computer science graduate scheme. (it’s open for 2015!)
- Talked with Drapers and fashion retailers about online, in-store, mobile, social and personalised commerce.
- Researched what consumers want from delivery and found that 1 in 3 retailers don’t satisfy consumer demands.
- Spoke at the first ever Magento developer conference in Manchester.
- Appointed a new Talent Acquisition Manager to help us quickly hire more talent. (PS – we are hiring.)
- Gathered retailers in a (very nice) room at the W Hotel in London to talk openly about multichannel.
This year has been wonderful and we’re grateful for the passionate team, fearless customers and reliable partners we have.
We wish you a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.