Technical Lead (Front End)
We are looking for Technical Lead who will steer the Front End discipline in architecting and writing well-designed, efficient code by using best software development practices. Not only would you be leading the Front End team, but you will also be working as part of the senior management team to help drive the direction and performance of the agency more broadly.
- Define the strategy for the development of PWAs and headless architecture with Magento and custom applications ensuring highly performant solutions throughout.
- Part of the senior management team, contributing to business-wide goals on solution architecture, quality, scalability, delivery and effectiveness.
- Focus on an Agile approach to delivery, understanding the importance of working software and the incremental delivery of features that align to business value.
- A key part of the UX and broader discovery process, finding opportunities to add value at a business or technical level and helping prioritise the sequence of tasks based on complexity, size and business value.
- Work closely with Head of Development to bridge the FE/BE divide and develop a team of Front End Engineers who are as skilled at cross-device UI as JS application build.
- Contribute actively to development tasks, whilst working closely with the Project Managers to ensure tasks are distributed effectively amongst the team.
- Lead the recruitment (reviewing tech tests, conducting interviews, etc) of FE candidates with support of Head of Development and HR.
- Work alongside Head of Dev to set and measure objectives for the FE team as part of a formal appraisal and 1-2-1 process.
- Provide direction and lead all aspects of the Front End discipline.
Required skills and experience
- Experience working in a project team within a commercial environment.
- Software development experience within an ecommerce environment.
- Highly motivated with demonstrable technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate design and development decisions as well as providing progress reports on tasks and projects.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment in order to produce high standards of work.
- Ability to work as part of a team with a clear understanding of your role, shared responsibilities and individual obligations.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to design, articulate and build complex applications.
- Experience of working with an enterprise ecommerce platform such as Magento.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices and architecture for complex web applications.
Good understanding of the following subject areas:
- Experience with up to date web development methods and usage of solid design principles.
- Software design principles.
- Automated Testing Tools e.g. CasperJS, Jasmine.
- Responsive web design.
- HTTP protocol knowledge.
- CLI Tools.
- Sketch / Photoshop / Illustrator.
- Frontend performance optimisation.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative break out areas such as a quiet working area and standing desks to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible Working.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Aviva Pension Scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Paid Social Events.