What’s the job?
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
We’re looking for a Technical Solutions Consultant to play an instrumental role in building and implementing system architectures and nurturing client relationships.
We pride ourselves on delivering consistent, creative solutions to some of the retail industry’s most challenging technical problems. Day-to-day, you will work with the Solution Architect to understand a client’s problem domain and create technical solutions to enable delivery of robust functionality.
This is an opportunity for someone with ambitious progression plans, to work with clients defining and designing the best technical solutions.
Your role will include:
- System Design / Architecture for large scale applications and integrations
- Documentation of functional and technical requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of technical solution requirements and scope
- Technical feasibility of defined user experiences by influencing appropriately to maximise value
- Documenting high level use cases and communicating to client for sign off
- Defining and estimating of Theme/Epic level user journeys
- Minimising technical debt accrued in delivery
- Perform related duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Experience gathering requirements and defining user journeys
- Experience of enterprise systems/solutions and business operations
- Experience in a fast-paced development environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate ideas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable technical / development background
- Software/systems design and architectures
- Modular and reusable code design
- UML, systems documentation
- Integrations (API, services, batch processing)
- REST, SOAP APIs, Webhooks, GraphQL
- JSON, XML encoding
More reasons to join us:
- 💵 Competitive salary
- 💻 Hybrid working
- 📚 Personal development plans
- 🏥 Private healthcare
- 🏝 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- 🎉 Meet-ups and social events