What’s the job?
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers. Right now, we’re looking for a PHP Software Engineer to work on our internally developed integration platform system as a Service (iPaaS) called snow.io.
Working on snow.io will allow you to build and maintain a tool that is used daily by our developers, in order to deliver integrations to our clients. This role involves maintaining a distributed system, which is highly available and eventually consistent, optimizing existing integration platform architectures and building new capabilities from the ground up.
As an iPaaS, ease of integration for developers – as well as high performance and availability – is critical and so experience of modern technologies and development practices are a must.
This job is perfect for someone who enjoys developing and maintaining robust applications that run in the cloud and use event driven architectural patterns.
Your role will include:
- Snow platform development, with heavy emphasis on maintainability and delivery.
- Working closely with the Head of Development, and Solution Architect to help further improve the platform, meeting business needs.
- Working with your project team to find the best technical solutions for our customers.
- Using TDD to ensure application robustness.
- Documenting new features and functionality of Snow.
- Investigating, analysing, documenting and correcting reported bugs.
What you bring:
- Commercial experience with OOP PHP.
- Experience with Asynchronous event driven architectures and functional programming.
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient and standards-compliant code to articulate and build complex applications.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies – S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Cloudwatch and appreciation for software engineering patterns
- An ability to work with an agile development methodology when delivering features.
- Demonstrable experience working as part of a team with a clear understanding of your role and shared responsibilities
More reasons to join us:
- 💵 Competitive salary
- 💻 Hybrid working
- 📚 Personal development plans
- 🏥 Private healthcare
- 🏝 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- 🎉 Meet-ups and social events