Senior PHP Developer
Are you a creative problem solver, passionate about new technology, making stuff work and leading a team to share your enthusiasm? Do you have experience working in a commercial environment managing teams and producing good code? If so, we want to hear from you! We are always on the look out for great Senior PHP developers to join our team!
We are a Technical Agency who work solely with Magento Enterprise. If you are a Magento developer, fantastic! If you have not worked with Magento before but have experience with scalable web applications such as OOP, MVC and MySQL, then get in touch.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications.
- Lead development teams in delivering technical solutions.
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews.
- Create and document test plans, implement and manage unit tests and scripts.
- Communicate regularly with project managers to provide understanding of technical requirements, processes and dependencies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Actively support and mentor members of the development team.
Required skills and experience
- Object Oriented Application Design.
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks such as Zend, Symphony or Magento.
- Experience of XML-RPC, REST, SOAP and other web services.
- MySQL, including EAV data structures.
- Experience of managing and promoting effective use of version control systems.
- Experience developing, supporting and maintaining complex, scalable web applications.
- Extensive experience of the development lifecycle.
- Ability to define, interpret and develop software to written requirements and technical specification.
- Expert understanding of XHTML and CSS3.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative break out areas to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible Working.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Virgin Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Paid Social Events.