What’s the job?
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who’ll be responsible for working with our Development team to write well-designed, efficient code by using best software development practice.
You will also be responsible for taking part in code reviews, architecting and designing solutions with guidance from the Head of Development. You always see the bigger picture and understand the importance of accessibility, semantics and maintainability.
We transform businesses using our proprietary tool, Accelerator, which gives our customers a scalable ecommerce solution in as little as 90 days. Ampersand developers work on more frequent deployments, enjoy an increased variety of project work and take ownership of the complete project lifecycle.
Your role will include:
- Developing and maintaining elegant ecommerce solutions using the Magento Front End
- Developing and maintaining new PWAs with Magento and custom applications creating high performance solutions
- Actively supporting and mentoring members of the Front End development tea
- Creating and documenting test plans, implementing/managing unit tests and scripts
- Delivering projects with an Agile approach
- Promoting quality standards and processes, using regular code reviews
What you bring:
- Ability to communicate design and development decisions
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code to articulate and build complex applications in best practice
- Technical experience with: CSS; HTML5; CLI tools; Git/SVN; Responsive Web Design
- Technical understanding of: UX/UI; ECMAScript; Front End Performance Optimization; Automated Testing
More reasons to join us:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Personal development plans
- 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- Meet-ups and social events
Got a question about how your experience may fit into this role? Get in touch with Avery and Jess at email@example.com.