We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to deliver ecommerce solutions in sprints, ad hoc releases, and go-live launches. You will be involved in the full project lifecycle, building strong client relationships and be an advocate for Agile processes along the way. The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering projects in a technical environment.
Day-to-day you will…
- Create sprint and release plans, fully utilising your allocated team to deliver them efficiently.
- Ensure effective delivery of projects to drive maximum value to the customer and to Ampersand.
- Find solutions and overcome obstacles concerning capacity and changing requirements.
- Consistently produce accurate and meaningful updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage cross-functional teams across one or more sprints (between 3-6 people).
- Lead and provide support to the team.
Who do we look for?
The team has a broad range of abilities and experience. We don’t believe that one-size-fits-all but here are a few things we typically look for in our project managers:
Hands-on experience with:
- Working with technical/software development teams.
- Agile project delivery processes.
- Managing complex projects.
- Utilising JIRA to manage teams, projects, and progress.
Strong ability to:
- Identify and implement solutions based on customer value and priorities.
- Manage time and successfully engage in multiple work streams and clients simultaneously.
- Gather the necessary information and concisely articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Anticipate the needs of clients, developers, and other key stakeholders to provide valuable input and updates.
- Grasp technically demanding information and circulate to a non-technical audience.
Some key competencies we love to see:
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Experience leading stand-ups and driving overall sprint progress.
- Thrives in a high expectancy and fast paced environment.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a ping pong and pool table and several creative break out areas to get those ideas flowing!
- Competitive salary
- 32 days’ holiday (inc. of public holidays) plus an extra day’s holiday for every year you work with us
- Flexible working. For us, this means a mix of remote and office-based each week in a way that best suits you. Please note, right now the team is working remotely due to Covid-19.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans
- Aviva Pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses
- Social events