Digital Project Manager
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team who will deliver ecommerce solutions in sprints, ad hoc releases, and go-live launches. You will be involved in the full project lifecycle, building strong client relationships and being an advocate for Agile process and principles along the way. The ideal candidate will be a passionate, hard-working project manager with experience in delivering projects in a technical environment.
Day-to-day you will…
- Create sprint and release plans, revising and advocating for the most effective delivery of value for both the client and Ampersand.
- Find solutions and proactively overcome obstacles concerning capacity and evolving requirements.
- Ensure sprints deliver the maximum value, utilising the allocated team fully.
- Consistently produce accurate and meaningful updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage cross functional teams across one or more sprints (between 3-6 people).
- Lead and provide support to the team, working with your peers to get the best out of them.
- Confidently own the client relationship on the day to day delivery.
Who do we look for?
The team has a broad range of abilities and experience. We don’t believe that one-size-fits-all but here are a few things we typically look for in our Project Managers:
Hands-on experience with:
- Technical, software development teams in a fast-paced environment (preferably in an ecommerce agency).
- Agile project delivery.
- Managing complex projects with a budget of up to £250K.
- Utilising JIRA to manage teams, projects, and progress.
Strong ability to:
- Identify and implement solutions based on customer value, priority, and criticality.
- Manage time with the ability to successfully engage in multiple work streams and clients simultaneously.
- Gather the necessary information and articulate concisely with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Anticipate the needs of clients, developers, and other key stakeholders to provide valuable input and updates.
- Grasp technically demanding information and circulate to a non-technical audience.
Some key competencies we love to see:
- Exceptionally detail oriented and technically minded.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Confident with decisive decision-making skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Experience leading stand-ups and driving overall sprint progress.
- Solution orientated.
- Thrives in a high expectancy and fast paced environment.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a ping pong and pool table and several creative break out areas to get those ideas flowing!
- Competitive salary
- 32 days’ holiday (inc. of public holidays) plus an extra day’s holiday for every year you work with us
- Flexible working. For us, this means a mix of remote and office-based each week in a way that best suits you. Please note, right now the team is working remotely due to Covid-19.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans
- Aviva Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses
- Social events