2018 Graduate Developer Programme
The Ampersand graduate programme is structured and focused on applicative training where graduates work closely with an experienced senior developer solving real-life client issues, learning the ins and outs of PHP, SQL and Magento and learning how to deliver consistent, creative solutions to some of the ecommerce industry’s most challenging problems.
The right candidate does not come from a set equation. While a degree in computer science is what we typically look for, we have also hired graduates from maths, physics and engineering degrees. Above all, we are looking for developers who are passionate about technology, beautiful code and making stuff work.
- Object-oriented programming and design skills (i.e. Java).
- A high attention to detail and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrable programming ability.
- Experience with PHP and SQL
- Experience with an MVC framework (ideally Zend)
- Exposure to a Linux/Unix environment
- Exposure to test-driven development
- Magento and/or Ecommerce experience
- Experience with complex, scalable web applications
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative break out areas to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible Working.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Virgin Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Paid Social Events.
- Sponsorship for tier 2 work visas.
The vacancy will open in February 2018.