What’s the job?
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
We’re experiencing a huge period of growth, which means that we’ve created a new role!
We’re looking for a Front End Development Manager who is passionate about technology, managing a team and making stuff work. In this role, you’ll be working with the Head of Development to manage the front end development team while writing well-designed, efficient code using the best software development practices, as well as coaching and mentoring.
At Ampersand, we transform businesses using our proprietary tool, Accelerator, which gives our customers a scalable ecommerce solution in as little as 90 days. This means you’ll manage more frequent deployments, enjoy an increased variety of project work and take ownership of the complete project lifecycle.
Your role will include:
- Line managing a software development team
- Writing good quality code to written technical specifications
- Building complex and challenging web applications
- Providing direction, promoting knowledge and sharing good practices
- Actively supporting and mentoring members of the team
- Performing maintenance development and correction of identified defect
- Managing recruitment for front end candidates with HR
What you bring:
- Experience mentoring and coaching
- Experience with people management (i.e. 121s, performance management)
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient and standards-compliant code to articulate and build complex applications
- Technical experience working with: XML, PHP, SQL, HTML
More reasons to join us:
- 💵 Competitive salary
- 💻 Hybrid working
- 📚 Personal development plans
- 🏥 Private healthcare
- 🏝 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- 🎉 Meet-ups and social events