We’re looking for a Front End Developer who will deliver web application interfaces that utilise great technologies and frameworks. Working alongside other experienced developers, you will deliver experiences for desktop, tablet and mobile.
Day-to-Day you will
- Develop and maintain elegant ecommerce solutions using the Magento Front End.
- Develop and maintain new PWAs with Magento and custom applications creating high performance solutions for our customers.
- Create and document test plans, implement, and manage unit tests and scripts.
- Deliver projects with an Agile approach.
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews.
- Work with project management and the Head of Development to deliver business requirements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates.
What do we look for?
The team has a broad range of abilities and experience. We don’t believe that one-size-fits-all but here are a few things we typically look for in our Devs:
- Ability to communicate design and development decisions, as well as provide reports on tasks and projects.
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code.
- Experience with up to date web development methods and usage of solid design principles.
- Knowledge of best practices for complex web applications.
- Technical experience working with: CSS (frameworks and grid systems), HTML5, ECMAScript, UX/UI, responsive web design and development.
And here’s some stuff we love to see, but they’re not essential..
- Experience with ecommerce development (preferably Magento).
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle.
- Contribution to creating an open source project.
- Technical experience with: PHP, Casper, Jasmine.
The Good Stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative breakout areas to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible Working. For us, this means a mix of remote and office-based each week in a way that best suits you. Please note, right now the team is working remotely due to Covid-19.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Aviva Pension Scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Paid Social Events.