We’re on the look out for a Front End Developer who will deliver web application interfaces that utilise great technologies and frameworks. Working alongside other experienced developers, you will work to deliver experiences for desktop, tablet and mobile. There will be opportunities to work in a responsive and adaptive context. You will be a team player, who can self-start and isn’t afraid to ask questions and a good communicator with excellent time management skills. Having exceptional attention to detail and taking pride in your work is essential.
Day-to-day you will…
- Work with the Front End team to develop and maintain elegant ecommerce solutions using the Magento Front End.
- Work with the Front End team to develop and maintain new PWAs with Magento and custom applications ensuring highly performance solutions throughout for our clients.
- Deliver projects with an Agile approach.
- Contribute actively to development tasks, whilst working closely with the Project Managers to ensure tasks are distributed effectively amongst the team.
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews.
- Work with Project Management and the Head of Development to deliver business requirements.
- Create and document test plans, implement, and manage unit tests and scripts.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates
What do we look for?
The team has a broad range of abilities and experience. We don’t believe that one-size-fits-all but here are a few things we typically look for in our Devs:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate design and development decisions as well as provide reports on tasks and projects.
- Experience with up to date web development methods and usage of solid design principles.
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code.
- Knowledge of best practices for complex web applications.
- Technical experience working with: CSS (frameworks and grid systems), HTML5, ECMAScript, UX/UI, and responsive web design and development.
And here are some things we love to see but are not essential:
- Experience with ecommerce development (preferably Magento).
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle.
- Contribution to creating an open source project.
- Technical experience with: PHP, Casper, Jasmine,
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative breakout areas to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible Working. For us, this means a mix of remote and office-based each week in a way that best suits you. Please note, right now the team is working remotely due to Covid-19.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Aviva Pension Scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Paid Social Events.