What’s the job?
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
We’re looking for a DevOps Infrastructure Engineer to help us continuously develop and improve our technical platforms. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced and able to bring their own knowledge in order to modernise aspects to our stack and processes, implementing these through the development environments. They will have knowledge of best-practice as well as hands-on experience in updating the DevOps in a previous agency or company’s internal stack.
The new DevOps Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with our Technical Lead and be a key consultant and decision maker for our agency’s progression in this area. This is a new role within Ampersand and therefore we would be looking for the candidate to help integrate themselves into the wider development team.
Your role will include:
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies
- Actively identify opportunities and make recommendations process and architecture improvements
- Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
What you bring:
- AWS certification
- Technical experience with DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, or Sonar Qube
- Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-native applications
- Desire to make incremental improvements
- The ability and skill to train other people in procedural and technical topics
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
More reasons to join us:
- 💵 Competitive salary
- 💻 Hybrid working
- 📚 Personal development plans
- 🏥 Private healthcare
- 🏝 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- 🎉 Meet-ups and social events