About the programme
Now in its eleventh year, the Ampersand Junior Developer programme is recognised as best-in-class in our industry. Working in a fast-paced environment, you’ll make an impact quickly, while learning from the great developers who joined Ampersand as graduates on the same programme, many years ago!
And because we are a hybrid agency with remote first (read more about that here), we have introduced a structured mentoring scheme to ensure that our new starters get plenty of face-to-face time with senior members of the development team.
The programme starts in September 2022 with structured training wrapping up in January 2023. From there you will be able to put your training into practice on real client work. Most of our graduates go on to complete the programme with a promotion to Developer on a back end track.
You should apply if…
The right candidate does not come from a set equation. While a degree in computer science is what we typically look for, we have also hired graduates from maths, physics and engineering degrees. Above all, we are looking for developers who are passionate about technology, beautiful code and making stuff work.
- Object-oriented programming and design skills (i.e. Java)
- A high attention to detail and excellent problem-solving ability
- Demonstrable programming ability
- Experience with an MVC framework (ideally Zend)
- Exposure to a Linux/Unix environment
- Exposure to test-driven development
- Magento and/or Ecommerce experience
- Experience with complex, scalable web applications
More reasons to join us:
- 💵 Competitive salary
- 💻 Hybrid/flexible working
- 📚 Personal development plans
- 🏝 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
- 🎉 Meet-ups and social events