Here at Ampersand, our team has always been our greatest asset. We’re experiencing a continuous period of growth and we’re looking for someone who can continue to help us attract and retain top quality talent to our team.
Responsible for all elements of the employee life cycle, you will be a passionate, hard-working, talent specialist with excellent communication skills and a flair for creative recruiting techniques with a commitment to creating a motivated, high performing team environment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to further their HR skills working in a fast paced, challenging environment. You will have full responsibility for HR and Recruitment across the business which includes devising strategies for future growth and talent retention and development.
- Maintain an excellent recruitment experience for all applicants.
- Manage and report on recruitment activities and pipeline.
- Maintain and report on a budget for recruitment activities.
- Coordinate with external recruiters where necessary.
- Attend industry events to increase company exposure and attract applicants.
- Work with external organisations, including universities, to drive applications.
- Deliver a substantial, sustainable recruitment pipeline.
- Find ingenious ways to engage, recruit and retain talent.
- Negotiate external contracts with service providers.
- Negotiate offers of employment with prospective new employees.
- Lead the on boarding and induction process for all new employees.
- Create and issue all employee documentation including contracts of employment.
- Maintain and update HR policies in line with employment legislation.
- Provide HR guidance and support to managers and employees in line with best practice.
- Track and review the annual appraisal process to ensure key information including training needs are captured and managed appropriately.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline.
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in a HR generalist role within a fast-paced, high growth environment preferably within the Digital space.
- Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards.
- Experience with various and diverse recruitment techniques.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and best practice.
- Excellent communication skills.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative breakout areas to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible Working.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Virgin Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Paid Social Events.