Senior PHP Developer
Are you a creative problem solver, passionate about new technology, making stuff work and leading a team to share your enthusiasm? If you have at least 2 years of experience working in a commercial environment managing teams of at least 2 developers and at least 1 year experience of software development within an ecommerce environment, we want to hear from you!
We are a Technical Agency who work solely with Magento Enterprise. If you are a Magento developer, fantastic! If you have not worked with Magento before but have experience with scalable web applications such as OOP, MVC and MySQL, then get in touch.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications.
- Lead development teams in delivering technical solutions.
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews.
- Create and document test plans, implement and manage unit tests and scripts.
- Communicate regularly with project managers to provide understanding of technical requirements, processes and dependencies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Actively support and mentor members of the development team.
Required skills and experience
- Object Oriented Application Design.
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks such as Zend, Symphony or Magento.
- Experience of XML-RPC, REST, SOAP and other web services.
- MySQL, including EAV data structures.
- Experience of managing and promoting effective use of version control systems.
- Experience developing, supporting and maintaining complex, scalable web applications.
- Extensive experience of the development lifecycle.
- Ability to define, interpret and develop software to written requirements and technical specification.
- Expert understanding of XHTML and CSS3.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative break out areas to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible Working.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Virgin Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Paid Social Events.